• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accepted Perm offer but got contract extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth I'd go for the perm role.
    I've had my contract cut short due to blanket IR35 inclusion and I'm not up for being out of work so have accepted a perm offer myself.
    The salary is great...although a huge drop from contracting but with the market likely to be a massive state of flux for a bit I figured I'd last longer on my warchest with a permanent salary than I would without any work and hoping for the next contract. My last thought...it doesnt take long being on the bench to make it worth having taken the permanent role if you just look at money....which we all do...right?
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      For what it's worth I'd go for the perm role.
      I've had my contract cut short due to blanket IR35 inclusion and I'm not up for being out of work so have accepted a perm offer myself.
      The salary is great...although a huge drop from contracting but with the market likely to be a massive state of flux for a bit I figured I'd last longer on my warchest with a permanent salary than I would without any work and hoping for the next contract. My last thought...it doesnt take long being on the bench to make it worth having taken the permanent role if you just look at money....which we all do...right?
      My sentiments exactly. I've had to make the same decision. Same situation - great salary, not quite contracting but more than what I thought I'd bag. I'd like to think I'll return one day when the market picks back up, but some opinions on this board would suggest that day may not come.

Comment

Working...
      X