• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Contractor to perm - how much money to expect (part timer)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im still trying to evaluate the perm UK job market and spent a good few hours searching and landed on this thread to try and revive

Could someone please help me understand how 500 per day outside IR35 is anywhere close to 80K a year as a perm? I have never understood these numbers for ten years and have always argued that 500 per day is even better than 120K perm for the simple reason of the tax benefits.

I have read on here many times that contractors should not plan to be full time employed but even if you have 200 days a yer billable you end up with a large holiday sabbatical which is valuable

So please can you politely and helpfully make me understand how 500 per day is perm equivalent to 80K ?

NB : I have a role abroad and I also have an offer in London which is where I want to be but the tax situation in the UK is eye wateringly high and I am having trouble accepting that PAYE tax with no deductions other than pension sacrifice is all I can do

Comment

Outside IR35 - you control / manage when you yourself receive the money

Inside IR35 - money is taxed as you receive it (unless you redirect it to a pension).

That's the biggest difference.

However your issue is that you are a greedy **** whose biggest issue is that your already earn a more than decent income via property rentals.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
      X