• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency wants an exit interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edison View Post
    That isn't the case in my experience. For example, I lost a really good member of my team this year who suddenly resigned not long after I had agreed for him to be promoted. I bent over backwards to try and keep him, more than I'd ever done for anyone I've ever worked with (and he was the most junior person in the team), but to no avail.

The exit interview report from HR did contain a lot of stuff that frankly, wasn't that useful, but there were 2-3 things about team culture that I thought were very helpful especially as there was a lot of discontent in the team at the time.

Like a lot of these things, the value can depend on many factors. In some companies it is just lip service but in others it is considered important. In this example, I discussed it with the Global CIO.
    Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    And the CIO immediately sprang into action making meaningful, sweeping changes to ensure this would never happen again, amirrite?

"Discussing it" is one thing, but talk is very cheap.
    Some fairly significant changes were made in this case by myself after consulting with the CIO. This coincided with a review/restructuring of the IT function and some perm staff were given a pretty good pay rise. Communication was improved with various teams and there was more transparency/encouragement on some of the recruitment/promotion across several junior roles.

Comment

No issues if it's on billable time or a quick phone thing

Rigidly finding reasons to whinge about IR35 isn't real world.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
      X