• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Burnout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    at it 11 years, never had more than a 2 week break
    only had 3 months worth of warchest,
    This sounds like a precarious financial position? not criticising, just noting.

PlanB, take the summer off. the older I get the more extended my between gigs breaks get, consider it a portion of your retirement taken early, the portion where you are dribbling in your porridge unable to remember your own name.

Comment

Originally posted by 56samba View Post
      This sounds like a precarious financial position? not criticising, just noting.

PlanB, take the summer off. the older I get the more extended my between gigs breaks get, consider it a portion of your retirement taken early, the portion where you are dribbling in your porridge unable to remember your own name.
      i was saving for a house and full refurb, hence the peddle to the metal approach, had to use all available funds to complete the build hence why warchest was depleted

still doesn't look much better to be honest but at least i'm earning

Comment

That's not really the point of a warchest.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

i was saving for a house and full refurb, hence the peddle to the metal approach, had to use all available funds to complete the build hence why warchest was depleted

Your house will be just lovely when you are getting buried six feet under, when you drop down deed

Or if you make it to retirement and they are selling it to pay for your care costs

Long time deed in this life

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            As GoT would say, you're a long time deed.

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Your house will be just lovely when you are getting buried six feet under, when you drop down deed

Or if you make it to retirement and they are selling it to pay for your care costs

I must be psychic

Comment

Tarbera's retirement plan is to marry the rich widow of a burnt out contractor.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                That's not really the point of a warchest.
                let me build one up first then i can debate the definitions and purposes

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  I'm indian . . . i'll be incinerated and my ashes scattered over the garden to overlook the equestrian field view which i paid through the nose for

Comment

I'm indian . . . i'll be incinerated and my ashes scattered over the garden to overlook the equestrian field view which i paid through the nose for
                    Is that before or after your family sell the land to developers?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Is that before or after your family sell the land to developers?
                      like i said i'm indian . . . my death will trigger a centuries long feud over who owns a particular 5 sq ft of worthless land

Comment

Working...
                      X