• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 day week contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I've done 5 days over 4 at some clients, especially when working away.

Anything is possible, it just depends on asking and how vital you are to the client
    You mean you agreed a 25% rate increase at some clients?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
      No, billed for 5 days while working 4, easier to do when charging per hour; 4 x 10 hr days rather than 5 x 8 hr days
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Depends on the work. I've had clients where I have dropped to 3 or 4 days a week so I could go bill others part time. Usually I just have an honest conversation "You are paying me to do a project, realistically it's only 3 days a week to implement the system and you are overpaying me, so can we agree I only come in three days a week. You pay less, you still get project completed and I am free to work on other clients / study those other two days."

Only downside is I have had a couple of clients become paranoid and start throwing out NDAs etc (I work in a specific sector so by definition any work I do will be between competitors) which gets frustrating. Advantage is I charge a lot more for a company 1 day a week than a full time role so the risk of losing 5 days a week guarenteed is more than offset.

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
          I would to do a part-time MSc in September. It lasts 2 years, one full day per week.

I have been thinking about asking my client to reduce my contract to 4 days per week. Does anyone know if this is common practice? I'm guessing it is unlikely.
          MSc is completely pointless when comes to contracting - are you leaving the industry to become a teacher or something less well paid ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
            I've agreed a 33.3% increase at one client.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              MSc is completely pointless when comes to contracting - are you leaving the industry to become a teacher or something less well paid ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              Yes, it's an area completely useless to my contracting skillset. And that's the issue - will they think, he's just going to bugger off when it's done (I won't - not planning to work in my new field for a long time).

Comment

Yes, it's an area completely useless to my contracting skillset. And that's the issue - will they think, he's just going to bugger off when it's done (I won't - not planning to work in my new field for a long time).
                I very much doubt they will think that at all.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They won't be thinking 2 years ahead for a contractor. You're better off letting them know that you'll stick around as long as they need you, as it's tricky to find a new 4 day per week contract.

Comment

I think with the IR35 changes, my client will insist we all go perm so I'm factoring that in tbh.

Comment

Working...
                    X