• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BI Developers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BI Developers

Howdy CUK,

I've moved to London from Australia and am looking at contract work in my field of expertise (BI Development).

I'm keen to hear from other BI/SQL Developer in London about the market for BI Devs.

I've been looking for a week now and had one interview opportunity but the commute was too far so I declined. Everything else has been recruiters wanting to book interviews in for perm positions.

There seems to be a lot of contract jobs advertised online... Is the market slow atm?

I have been using Google Jobs to find listings. Is there a preferred site or agency specifically for BI Devs?

Thanks in advance

Loving CUK so far

BI is getting far more user driven these days. Power BI especially.

I cannot see it as a growing market, although if you have niche skilss for older BI platforms that do need technical skills then I'd focus on those.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

BI Developers

JobServe

Starter for 10

404 - Not Found

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Last edited by GhostofTarbera; 21 March 2019, 18:50.

Comment

In case anyone's watching this thread and is interested... I ended up having 2 contract offers !!!

Just had to keep at it for a few weeks.

I'm now officially a contractor

Comment

Don't tell anyone but it's much easier (in terms of process) to get a contract than a permie job, the main hurdle is getting the interviews.

But you now know all that already.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
          X