• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance and recent arrests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    Im due to apply for SC (or CTC as a minimum) as a part of contract employment within the UK government sector.
    Unfortunately, 3 years ago I was arrested but was not charged with an offence and released with no further action. The reason for the arrest was that my spouse called the police during a verbal argument at home, she falsely alleged that I had pushed her during the argument. She later retracted her allegations (not to mention that I never pushed her in the first place) plus the police did not have enough evidence that the alleged offence had happened, hence the NFA.
    Apart from this arrest, I do not have anything on my record.

Questions:
    - Will the above incident effect my SC or CTC application?

- The general advice I've seen regarding vetting applications is to be open and honest, and not let them find something which you haven't put in the application already. With that in mind, should I mention details of the arrest in my application? If so, then where within the application form should I put this ? I could not find a relevant question or suitable place in the form available online - https://assets.publishing.service.go...SV001_v1.1.pdf

Any advice would be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by honestprofessional View Post
      Hello,
      Im due to apply for SC (or CTC as a minimum) as a part of contract employment within the UK government sector.
      Unfortunately, 3 years ago I was arrested but was not charged with an offence and released with no further action. The reason for the arrest was that my spouse called the police during a verbal argument at home, she falsely alleged that I had pushed her during the argument. She later retracted her allegations (not to mention that I never pushed her in the first place) plus the police did not have enough evidence that the alleged offence had happened, hence the NFA.
      Apart from this arrest, I do not have anything on my record.

Questions:
      - Will the above incident effect my SC or CTC application?

- The general advice I've seen regarding vetting applications is to be open and honest, and not let them find something which you haven't put in the application already. With that in mind, should I mention details of the arrest in my application? If so, then where within the application form should I put this ? I could not find a relevant question or suitable place in the form available online - https://assets.publishing.service.go...SV001_v1.1.pdf

Any advice would be awesome!
      The advice is "disclose everything and see what happens". As has been said many many times in this thread and others on the same topic. Anyway, there is space on the form for additional relevant information and even if there isn't, then add a note of your own.

Why do you assume the vetting people won't already have that information? Think about what they are testing.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

https://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgeb...information-2/
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X