• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC clearance validity after >6 months travelling abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC clearance validity after >6 months travelling abroad

I understand from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security...-and-clearance that Security Clearance will still be valid if "No more than 6 months of a 12 month period between leaving one employment and joining another has been spent living overseas."

I'm considering spending 8 months travelling abroad. I'll still be tax resident in the UK and have a room here, and be coming back once or twice during the trip, but i'll be abroad for longer than 6 months.

Does anyone know if this would affect my security clearance? I guess it depends on their definition of living overseas...

Residency for tax purposes is one thing. Living overseas is another. Only the powers that be can give you a definitive answer, but on the face of things, the answer is "no".
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
    X