• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving a contract early

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving a contract early

Recently because of ill health i had to leave a 6 week contract a third of the way through. Although i regret my decision i feel that it was in my best interests. I wonder if anyone else had to take this course of action or if they stuck with it.

(I had not worked for some time before this due partly to the recurring ill health).

Depends what you mean by health, and regretting your decision.

Was the contract directly affecting your health? eg stress, depression (I'm not asking what it was!) - I'd bin it quick smart.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlpool View Post
      Recently because of ill health i had to leave a 6 week contract a third of the way through. Although i regret my decision i feel that it was in my best interests. I wonder if anyone else had to take this course of action or if they stuck with it.

(I had not worked for some time before this due partly to the recurring ill health).
      I had to quit a gig when I got shingles which left me mostly bedridden for 2 weeks on antiviral tablets and tbh I wouldn't give it too much thought, your health matters and if you have to clock out and get better then do it and pick up the next contract.

Comment

Got to put your health and wellbeing and that of your family at top of your list.

Generally, client/employer comes about 33 (just behind my cat).
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Got to put your health and wellbeing and that of your family at top of your list.

Generally, client/employer comes about 33 (just behind my cat).
          That high? I can only aspire to that level of professionalism...

Comment

Working...
          X