• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 month contract with BT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fidot View Post
    No, I'm not disagreeing that they might be asking for this reason. I'm merely pointing out that it doesn't prove anything and that there is a better way (CRB) anyway.
    You mean DBS don't you?

If you are on remand it won't show up as you haven't been convicted yet.

Also your bank statements will show you have been in the UK (or some other agreeable country) instead of in a terrorist training camp.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Also your bank statements will show you have been in the UK (or some other agreeable country) instead of in a terrorist training camp.
      No, it shows that somebody with access to that account (e.g. joint account holder) is at liberty in the UK (or other agreeable country)

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
        No, it shows that somebody with access to that account (e.g. joint account holder) is at liberty in the UK (or other agreeable country)
        Why are you just trying to put blockers up all the time?"In that case maybe it's not so good. So what do you suggest? Scrap it? It's just one thing in an arsenal of checks. Why can't you see the bigger picture?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Why are you just trying to put blockers up all the time?"In that case maybe it's not so good. So what do you suggest? Scrap it? It's just one thing in an arsenal of checks. Why can't you see the bigger picture?
          because his nose is to the grindstone, and his view of the immediate future is obscured by a few square inches of blood-soaked carborundum??

Comment

I had a 3 monther at BT a long time ago.

I left around 7 years later.

Late starts, cheap breakfasts/canteen and a lovely gym all packed into a 7 hr day. Those were the days.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
              Late starts, cheap breakfasts/canteen and a lovely gym all packed into a 7 hr day. Those were the days.

Ah yes, but it's a phone company - what's the car parking like?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I worked for BT on a 2 month contract and had a similar onboarding experience.

I needed to be sc cleared just because there was a team looking at live customer data in the same room as me, even they were 100 feet away. Not only that, I had to use an iris recognition device just to enter the office.

Good contract though.

Comment

Previously contracted through Experis and found them to be a decent agency and always settled invoices on time - wasn't asked for bank statements, although the end client wasn't BT.

Never ever been asked for bank statements for a gig anywhere actually - the usual proof of ID and address in the form of Passport / Utility bills etc but never bank statements. Wouldn't produce them either, none of their business.
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                  X