• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EAA Regulations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EAA Regulations

For the 1st time I have just been asked about the EAA regulations, the question being do I want them to apply to my next contract.

Its been suggest that from an I35 viewpoint it helps if I wish to opt out.

Taking the viewpoint that opting out of some form of legal protection is like wandering across an icy path while carrying a hand grenade with the pin pulled out, I am wondering what to do.

Should I opt in or out?

If only we had a bloody great 60 page long thread on exactly this that was stickied to the top of this very part of the forum.

That might help until Google is available again. I'm assuming it's not working at the moment...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bheleu View Post
      Should I opt in or out?
      You should review what the regulations mean, take impartial advice, consider how relevant anything is to your particular circumstances, and then make an educated decision.

Failing that, refuse to opt out.

Comment

Working...
      X