• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on Security Clearance status

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Security Clearance status

Hello All,

I am hoping someone can answer my query.
    In December 2017 I completed my SC online via my contract role sponsor.
    A couple of weeks ago I logged on to my UK SV portal and the application status had moved from in Progress to Completed. Does this mean my SC has been granted?
    However the sponsor are still waiting for the certificate to be issued and the ONR have told them that there is a massive backlog and might take some time. In the meantime the sponsor are happy to start me on a BPSS until the SC is issued.
    My worry is that they want me to hand in my notice period at my permanent job and start me on a BPSS with no SC certificate been issued. I am worried if it all goes tits up and SC is not issued.

Any advice from anyone been in the same boat.

Cheers,

Gary.

Unless you think there may be a real reason you won’t get clearance. Then don’t worry.

Also someone asked almost the same question a while ago with regard to the status on the portal compared to the client saying you’re cleared. So have a search.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazza99 View Post
      Hello All,

I am hoping someone can answer my query.
      In December 2017 I completed my SC online via my contract role sponsor.
      A couple of weeks ago I logged on to my UK SV portal and the application status had moved from in Progress to Completed. Does this mean my SC has been granted?
      However the sponsor are still waiting for the certificate to be issued and the ONR have told them that there is a massive backlog and might take some time. In the meantime the sponsor are happy to start me on a BPSS until the SC is issued.
      My worry is that they want me to hand in my notice period at my permanent job and start me on a BPSS with no SC certificate been issued. I am worried if it all goes tits up and SC is not issued.

Any advice from anyone been in the same boat.

Cheers,

Gary.
      If you have been truthful in your application, and have not lied, your partner isn't Russian/North Korean/Chinese/Religious Extremist, then its usually a formality.

This would be the last thing that I would be worried about - do you have sufficient funds to tide you over for up to 8 weeks after starting (before you get paid)?
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        If you have been truthful in your application, and have not lied, your partner isn't Russian/North Korean/Chinese/Religious Extremist, then its usually a formality.

This would be the last thing that I would be worried about - do you have sufficient funds to tide you over for up to 8 weeks after starting (before you get paid)?
        The answer to your question is no I do not having the necessary funds that will tide me over :-( I have been a contractor for 8-years up until July 2016. I then took a permie job since then and now want to return to contracting. This is my first SC I've applied for.

Comment

"Completed" means the vetting agency have finished with it: for good or bad you won't actually know. The paperwork is now back with your local security team, whoever they may be, and it's up to them to move the process forwards. It can't be outside the wit of man for someone to ask them if you're SC is good, even if it hasn't all gone though the paper mill, or, more importantly, if it's a refusal

However you can't do anything about it other than go with whatever the client wants. If that means BPSS - presumably to get you on site but under supervision and with some limits on what you can see - then at least you'll be earning.

As a partial aside, the vetting agency won't be able to tell you the results of their work, that goes back to the local team who make the final decision. Hence the backlog: these are not normally very dynamic people...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

my sc status showing completed

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            "Completed" means the vetting agency have finished with it: for good or bad you won't actually know. The paperwork is now back with your local security team, whoever they may be, and it's up to them to move the process forwards. It can't be outside the wit of man for someone to ask them if you're SC is good, even if it hasn't all gone though the paper mill, or, more importantly, if it's a refusal

However you can't do anything about it other than go with whatever the client wants. If that means BPSS - presumably to get you on site but under supervision and with some limits on what you can see - then at least you'll be earning.

As a partial aside, the vetting agency won't be able to tell you the results of their work, that goes back to the local team who make the final decision. Hence the backlog: these are not normally very dynamic people...
            Hi Malvolio, thanks you for the information provided. I have submitted my sc application in march 2019, through a Service Company with sponsor HomeOffice. I have checking my Status since i have applied I noticed the status changed from in progress to Completed. When i called the Vetting agent, he said all the checks are done from their side and paper work is sent to the sponsor to make the decision. But i have not contacted once with my sponsor all these days i was only in touch with the service company. No when i try to contact the service company they are ignoring me, not sure how to contact Home Office to know about my status. Any help would really be good. Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X