• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First time contractor needs advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    IP check pls Mods - looks like OP isn't biting....
    I've got the results and collated them together...

NAT says 'How can I check his Intellectual Property'
    Cojak says 'I've checked his IP and its HTTP'
    WTFH says 'Bibble'
    Reality Hack says ' '
    Just waiting for Admin now.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

In before it's locked

Comment

Do you have the right to work?
        Yes I have, I'm an EU citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ftbldswcnkllt View Post
          Yes I have, I'm an EU citizen.
          Easy then, I'd get someone like Nixon Williams to sort it out for you - use their office as business address, they can (or could) set up a Ltd in no time and probs a banks account too with Cater Allen.

You might need an EEA Permit card from UKVI which affirms your rights under EEA rules, normally you don't get anything as the rights are automatic. People like to see proof though..

Comment

Easy then, I'd get someone like Nixon Williams to sort it out for you - use their office as business address, they can (or could) set up a Ltd in no time and probs a banks account too with Cater Allen.

You might need an EEA Permit card from UKVI which affirms your rights under EEA rules, normally you don't get anything as the rights are automatic. People like to see proof though..
            EEA permit card is not mandatory, it costs money and it will be invalid after brexit, after which you need to apply and pay money again

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              EEA permit card is not mandatory, it costs money and it will be invalid after brexit, after which you need to apply and pay money again
              But when an agent etc need proof of the right to work, an EEA resident won't have this, since right are automatic and folks err on the side of caution, hence for me it's awlys better to have the formal card to show people.

Comment

But when an agent etc need proof of the right to work, an EEA resident won't have this, since right are automatic and folks err on the side of caution, hence for me it's awlys better to have the formal card to show people.
                The EEA's citizen right to work proof is his passport. I have never been asked for an EEA residence card (although I do have one)
                Complicating problem is that some agents are too stupid to understand that a country (in this case Hungary) is an EU/EEA country

Comment

Hi!
                  I have just got my first contract job in the UK and I'm going to start in April. My question is: is it possible/realistic for me to set up a limited company in 2 months?
                  The problem is that I'm not a UK citizen and I corrently live abroad so I don't have a UK address or bank account. Or should I just start with an umbrella and later I can "upgrade" to ltd?

Thank you for your help!
                  This is taking the piss. I'd be livid at this if I was still contracting. But as I'm not, I just have sympathy for my former colleagues.

Comment

I'm an EU citizen (I'm from Hungary) so I have the right to work in the UK.
                    Tick-tock, tick-tock....
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X