• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contract Terms - Monthly Interest Query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Contract Terms - Monthly Interest Query

Hi,

Happy New Year to all. I am currently compiling some company terms for 2018 and I have come across another companies interest terms which state:-

'We may charge interest at a rate of 4 percent over Base Lending Rate per month, on a daily basis on overdue accounts'

Is interest therefore compounded monthly? Also if interest charges begin on 26th Sept and payment is received on 6th Oct do I calculate interest at 4.5% / 30 days x 5 days (Sept) + 4.5% / 31 days x 6 days (Oct)? Sorry to ask.

I was considering using the above term but I want to make sure our terms are easy to calculate and unambiguous. Would the above term and rate be acceptable and deemed fair and lawful? Any comments are gratefully received.

Many thanks,

H.

Originally posted by Helibo View Post
    Hi,

Happy New Year to all. I am currently compiling some company terms for 2018 and I have come across another companies interest terms which state:-

'We may charge interest at a rate of 4 percent over Base Lending Rate per month, on a daily basis on overdue accounts'

Is interest therefore compounded monthly? Also if interest charges begin on 26th Sept and payment is received on 6th Oct do I calculate interest at 4.5% / 30 days x 5 days (Sept) + 4.5% / 31 days x 6 days (Oct)? Sorry to ask.

I was considering using the above term but I want to make sure our terms are easy to calculate and unambiguous. Would the above term and rate be acceptable and deemed fair and lawful? Any comments are gratefully received.

Many thanks,

H.
    may be worth having a read of Interest Calculator - Calculate Late Payment Interest - Pay on Time

Comment

Many thanks,

H.
      Bearing in mind you can't work out the answer to your own term wouldn't that mean it fails the criteria you've set yourself in the first sentence?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How To Calculate Late Payment Interest & Compensation - Pay on Time

So it is simple not compound UNLESS the contract states compound.

Comment

Thank you all for your input. I accept that I am a doofus.

Comment

Thank you all for your input. I accept that I am a doofus.
            That's something. The old man has to get his accountant to tell him once a month.

Comment

Working...
            X