• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you choose as your next permanent opportunity out of these? Pros and Cons?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    I too have been inundated with permanent opportunities of late. Every recruiter I have spoken too has said it's a massively candidate focused market so if you wanted to get out of contracting now would be the time to do it.

I was talking to my girlfriend about a (relatively minor) mistake she made at work last week - how there had to be a review process involving her manager, HR, etc. - literally made me realise that money was only about 30% of the reason I went contracting.
    Did she not get the memo about the new cover sheet for the TPS reports?

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
      ...made me realise that money was only about 30% of the reason I went contracting.
      That's good because the way the government are going, contractors will soon be paying more* than permies for the privilege of avoiding all the permie bollox.

* via tax, lack of expenses, funding own pension and other common permie benefits, ...
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Python is new hot tech?

Anyway, to make a comparison, you need to specify your current/average contract rate.

Comment

Close to home every time. I wouldn't take a job to learn python, you can do that at home, nothing special. Also senior role usually means more stress, being phoned up at 10 in the evening and organising social events

I'm keeping my head down in my current "perm" post.

My advice focus on some new or existing technical skill and hone that in your spare time a bit if you want to get better, don't rely too much on the company.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
          X