• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Completely green please help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kerbi View Post
    I have provided the rate to them first, then we have negotiated and have agreed on the final amount. So generally speaking the rate is exactly what I wanted however I just did not make a market research before the negotiation so I wasn't aware current rates. But, as you all saying that as a first contract is not bad so maybe is not bad especially that I don't have any notice period so basically they don't have to wait for me because their project starts on ends of September-beginning of October and I'll free until then.
    Not only is it not bad. it's exactly what you wanted. Therefore that makes it good!

What I did was make a scale. The bottom point being the rate I would accept if desperate. Going up would be the lower end of the rate range I would happy to be negotiated to, up to the rate I would happily negotiate from.

Then by North star. The rate I would be ******* ecstatic about but likely not achieve.

Refine the scale after each job engagement.

Comment

Working...
    X