• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Day rate charged by IT Consultancies to end clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on their card rate with the client. Last one I saw ranged from £800 per day for a graduate, to £1600 per day for a senior consultant / manager.

Comment

Mine has ranged from Day rate *1.5 to a whopping *5 and anything in between.

My rate £500 to £600.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I worked for a reseller as a perm for 4 years. Small clients with small problems they charged me out at £650 a day. Bigger clients with bigger problems they charged me out at £950. The most I was ever billed out at was £1200 a day for an AD migration project, but this was via another reseller... So we charged the reseller £950, the other reseller charged the client £1200. It's amazing how far the sub contractual chain can go sometimes!

Comment

My current client are actually making a loss on me and most other contractors, which made negotiating a rate rise difficult. Heard this from various sources too, so not just the client playing hardball.

I'm guessing the accounts manager really dropped the ball on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Mine has ranged from Day rate *1.5 to a whopping *5 and anything in between.

My rate £500 to £600.
            same here but 500 to 750 (on exceptional gigs)

Comment

Always remember there is a rate card figure, possibly a special reduced figure, and there is what the client actually pays after big client level discounts. It's unlikely you will know what you cost because you won't see the overall account discounts.
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

The MD of the consultancy I work for said they need 50% minimum on top of the rate they pay to cover their costs and make a small margin.

He wasn't giving me tuplip since we were talking about others and actually I trust him (which is nice since he is a good client of mine having been there before a few times to run various projects for him) - they have to cost in the London offices, some non billing time, fixed costs, account director etc

I'm charged out at £1110 per day for a Senior PM role

Comment

Originally posted by theroyale View Post
                  Curious as I've just started working with a small-sized London based consultancy. I'm being paid circa £500 a day, curious as to what they (and those like them) charge end clients. Anyone with insider experience/knowledge on this? Does it vary widely based on sector/seniority? This is development work mainly, not management type work.
                  Too vague.

Yes, it depends on the sector, seniority, the budget size, project size/complexity and how many contractors available in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Double it and you'll probably somewhere close'ish for starters. It can vary widely depending on size of consultancy, type of work etc etc.

Do you work on site? Surely someone will drop a bollock at some point and let slip the rate when they are complaining how much they are being charged? One of my clients had Accenture in and the their team must have had an average age of about 26. Client was forever moaning about how much they were paying for kids.

Shouldn't be too hard to find a document with the prices on somewhere if you keep your eye out as well.

One thing though. Don't get hacked off when you find out. It's completely different to agents who just cream a bit for doing next to nothing. The rate consultancies cover also pays for a lot of non revenue generating associated with the delivery. Service or account managers for example.
                    Drivel.

Those "kids" gain more experience in 2 years than you in 10 years, old chap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                      Drivel.

Those "kids" gain more experience in 2 years than you in 10 years, old chap.
                      At Excel and PowerPoint. And you don't pay 1200 quid a day to get someone who's gaining experience.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X