• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor to Permanent for the Same Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes do it. Ask for the holiday days (how many you ask for I would say is dependent on how much you think they want/like/need you) but forget the redundancy question.

Comment

Originally posted by le3ky View Post
      Yes do it. Ask for the holiday days (how many you ask for I would say is dependent on how much you think they want/like/need you) but forget the redundancy question.
      Or just ask to work 4 days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by btcc2000 View Post
        They wont call anyone back, they started getting rid a long time ago and none of the contractors have come back as the roles have been filled with perms. It would be exactly the same with my job and I quite like the security of holiday/sick pay etc
        Oh, that old illusion of security in a perm job, the most secure I've felt is when contracting. Also you should set a rate that allows for holiday\(short term) sick, I wouldn't be looking at that as a reason to go perm.

anyway fill your boots
        Last edited by gables; 22 August 2017, 09:11.

Comment

Working...
        X