• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Large Indian Consultancies/IT Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blossom View Post
    It's not gonna look good on mine when they see I sacked it in within 3 months
    As long as you come up with a good reason why you left.

Personally just don't take the extension.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's not gonna look good on mine when they see I sacked it in within 3 months
      I only lasted 3 months with mine, it was my first IB contract at the time.
      It has never put any of the others off.

In fact I threatened to walk after a week, the only contract I have ever done this.
      I refused the extension offered after 3 months.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        As long as you come up with a good reason why you left.

Personally just don't take the extension.
        I'm leaving it half way through, I had to. It's a 6 month contract and actually the first version that came through had a 'contractor may not give notice' clause written into it. I should have heard the alarm bells at that point.

Comment

I'm leaving it half way through, I had to. It's a 6 month contract and actually the first version that came through had a 'contractor may not give notice' clause written into it. I should have heard the alarm bells at that point.
          Funny.......

That's what mine had on it
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

No, you should have dealt with it there and then. Nothing to do with alarm bells. It's not uncommon for this to be in contracts nowadays.. Oddly enough it's in there due to contractors leaving mid way through... Funny that innit.....
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              No, you should have dealt with it there and then. Nothing to do with alarm bells. It's not uncommon for this to be in contracts nowadays.. Oddly enough it's in there due to contractors leaving mid way through... Funny that innit.....
              Thing is if it's in a contract you automatically think the client is a poor/bad one.

So it's a catch 22.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                you can see and overhear them bullying their staff as they don't always speak in Hindi.
                Sometimes you don't see it but there is a pecking order for sure. Recent experience with India lived up to expectations. Don't even think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
                  Sometimes you don't see it but there is a pecking order for sure. Recent experience with India lived up to expectations. Don't even think about it.
                  There most certainly is, often related to the caste system.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    There most certainly is, often related to the caste system.
                    Caste systems - there's more than one.

Comment

Don't!

1. They will kill you by making you produce too many useless reports
                      2. Because they don't have a clue on what they or client need
                      3. Expect you to train their "shadow" resource sitting in Pune which they have offered free of charge to the client
                      4. So that they can kick you out in the middle of the project as soon as "shadow" can do your job using your ideas
                      5. They don't know how to talk to a professional contractor, let alone treat them.
                      5. They always think you are their permie resource.

Comment

Working...
                      X