• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European(Spain Contract) for UK Limited Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European(Spain Contract) for UK Limited Company

All,

I am British UK Contractor with the Limited Company here in UK and currently discussing the contract with Spanish Recruiting firm who is willing to do a contract with me for a 1 year Project in France with limited travel to Spain. As this is my first contract with European Recruiting firm, I am not sure what should I need to verify in the contract that has no obligations for my Limited Company or for me a Contractor. Is there any restrictions for me to work as a Contractor in France ? the Recruiting firm will be going to pay me in Pounds into my Limited company account in UK. Appreciate any advise here.

Thanks,
    SS

Hi, Can someone please advise.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MESCON View Post
      Hi, Can someone please advise.

Thanks
      I'd have a read of this first.

Can't advise on France but I've worked on contracts in Spain.

In all honesty, everyone I worked with kept their heads down & just paid their taxes in the UK as if it were a uk based contract.

If you're there longer term you're better off paying your taxes locally. Spain has/had a flat 20% expat tax rate. May be worth checking if France does the same.

Comment

If you are working in France you need to tax yourself in France. Your time in Spain should qualify as business trips, as presumably these would be visits to discuss the project and/or install software.

You can use your UK Ltd but it would have to be registered in France. In other words you couldn't just tax all your earnings in the UK, and your accounts would need to comply with French law. It would be much simpler to arrange for a French accountant to handle this in the most tax efficient way, probably set up a different company or register yourself self-employed in France.

If you are returning to the UK at weekends, you will need to declare French earnings in the UK as you will still be resident.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
        X