• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to handle inferiority complex of Permie hiring manager..??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Then the client is up to something and I wouldn't worry about it.
    trying to see if this is a new trend... if so I need a major surgery in my CV!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
      Friends,

How to handle inferiority complex (!) of hiring/line/reporting managers while they recruit interview Contractors who are much experienced than them...???

Most of permie resources I worked are lesser experienced, last few interviews I am getting too much reference to "Excessive Experience "!!! How to handle this situation..?? Thanks.
      Write in poor English with poor grammar - that should do it.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
        I have ~20 years experience and looking for Programme/Portfolio Manager roles. This role was the single point contact for a big vendor in one of the top UK service provider. So looking at the role, client and the vendor my experience wasn't excessive.

When I apply for project level roles I normally downgrade my CV. But what I always seen is most of contractors I have seen in the same level as mine was more experienced than me. Though whole 20 years experience is covered in my CV initial 10 years only job titles.
        If I was recruiting a Programme or Portfolio Mgr I'd be expecting their communication skills to be the best (both written and verbal) and unfortunately your written English is not great (at least not on what you have been writing on this thread). If your CV is of the same 'quality' I'd be binning it without an interview too. If agent wants a reason, I have a list I use and 'too experienced' is one I do sometimes roll out.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
        X