• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finding it too quiet!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnM View Post
    Yes I agree, I am talking more in being prepared to work away from home through the week
    Inside IR35 means no expenses - Hotels and long distance train tickets get very expensive once its coming out of income taxed at 60%+
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      You clearly have one.
      Agree. You tend to find this kind of attitude with people who have been unable to break into FS, or not cut out for it, and are consequently on lower rates. Rate Envy.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
        Agree. You tend to find this kind of attitude with people who have been unable to break into FS, or not cut out for it, and are consequently on lower rates. Rate Envy.
        Are you saying I have rate rate envy? What have I said that suggests that? I was simply questioning the generalisation that people in FS/PS have a bad attitude? How does that make me jealous? How do you know I haven't worked in these sectors?
        Last edited by pauldee; 17 May 2017, 17:14.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
          Are you saying I have rate rate envy? What have I said that suggests that? I was simply questioning the generalisation that people in FS/PS have a bad attitude? How does that make me jealous? How do you know I haven't worked in these sectors?
          You need to stop taking every thing so personally - not everything is about you.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Inside IR35 means no expenses - Hotels and long distance train tickets get very expensive once its coming out of income taxed at 60%+
            Even if it wasn't being claimed off tax, couldn't the company buy the travel and accommodation so it's not coming out of your take-home? At least then you're not paying the dividend tax on it.
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              You need to stop taking every thing so personally - not everything is about you.
              A comment about me isn't about me?

Comment

Do you have an example please (which site are you using)?
                I'm prepared to take on work inside IR35 at the moment as I'm dumping as much as I can into my pension as a company contribution.

Originally posted by JohnM View Post
                There are lots of contracts around at the minute inside of IR35 for the public sector that have been unfilled for ages, literally months. I don't see this market being quiet at all. As I mentioned earlier in the thread if you are prepared to be flexible on day rate and location then you should never go without contract work if you have the standard full stack set of developer skills.

You should never be on the bench for more than a few weeks if you are prepared to be flexible

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                  Even if it wasn't being claimed off tax, couldn't the company buy the travel and accommodation so it's not coming out of your take-home? At least then you're not paying the dividend tax on it.
                  Where does the dividend tax come in to a IR35 contract?
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Zzap View Post
                    Do you have an example please (which site are you using)?
                    I'm prepared to take on work inside IR35 at the moment as I'm dumping as much as I can into my pension as a company contribution.
                    I've lost count of the number of agents who have called me about roles at the Hydrographic Office in Taunton.

I wouldn't have even accepted a non ir35 caught role there as the rates are so poor.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Where does the dividend tax come in to a IR35 contract?
                      Fair point!
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X