• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ooooo my first bit of age discrimination....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooo my first bit of age discrimination....

Applied for a gig as contract manager. Something I have never done before and to be fair I am not qualified to do it. Sent the CV in and the pimp was nice and said I was what they were looking for. Client would like to see me for interview and gave me a date.

They brought up there was no DOB on my CV so I e-mailed it over stating that it was not on the CV for "presentational" purposes.

Wait a day and get a mail back stating that the client doesnt think I am "suitable" for the position and its beenn filled by someone else.

Yay....where do I sue

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    Applied for a gig as contract manager. Something I have never done before and to be fair I am not qualified to do it. Sent the CV in and the pimp was nice and said I was what they were looking for. Client would like to see me for interview and gave me a date.

They brought up there was no DOB on my CV so I e-mailed it over stating that it was not on the CV for "presentational" purposes.

Wait a day and get a mail back stating that the client doesnt think I am "suitable" for the position and its beenn filled by someone else.

Yay....where do I sue
    So do you reckon you're too old or too young?
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
      So do you reckon you're too old or too young?
      Old...far too old. At 23 I really am getting on in years. I think they wanted a pre-teen.

Comment

Old...far too old. At 23 I really am getting on in years. I think they wanted a pre-teen.
        Don't we all?

AndyW
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Alright then, you sarky motherlover
          The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
            Alright then, you sarky motherlover

I dont try to be sarky I just come accross that way. Maybe thats what they didnt like

Comment

I dont try to be sarky I just come accross that way. Maybe thats what they didnt like
              Just misunderstood eh? Makes two of us...

Comment

I work within the HR dept of a bank and have recently redeveloped the policies for Age Discrimination.

If you have evidence then there is clear scope for your case.

Have a look at http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...discrimination

Comment

Originally posted by g1media
                  I work within the HR dept of a bank and have recently redeveloped the policies for Age Discrimination.

If you have evidence then there is clear scope for your case.

Have a look at http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...discrimination
                  Wasnt being serious about the suiing them - its not my style.

Comment

Too bad you accidentally typed age: 230.

Comment

Working...
                    X