• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ooooo my first bit of age discrimination...."

Collapse

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by g1media
    I work within the HR dept ....
    ADMIN! Who let this one into the room.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Human Remains read this forum!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    Old...far too old. At 23 I really am getting on in years. I think they wanted a pre-teen.
    Too bad you accidentally typed age: 230.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by g1media
    I work within the HR dept of a bank and have recently redeveloped the policies for Age Discrimination.

If you have evidence then there is clear scope for your case.

Have a look at http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...discrimination
    Wasnt being serious about the suiing them - its not my style.

Leave a comment:

• g1media
    replied
    I work within the HR dept of a bank and have recently redeveloped the policies for Age Discrimination.

If you have evidence then there is clear scope for your case.

Have a look at http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...discrimination

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied

I dont try to be sarky I just come accross that way. Maybe thats what they didnt like
    Just misunderstood eh? Makes two of us...

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
    Alright then, you sarky motherlover

I dont try to be sarky I just come accross that way. Maybe thats what they didnt like

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Old...far too old. At 23 I really am getting on in years. I think they wanted a pre-teen.
    Alright then, you sarky motherlover

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Don't we all?

AndyW

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
    So do you reckon you're too old or too young?

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Applied for a gig as contract manager. Something I have never done before and to be fair I am not qualified to do it. Sent the CV in and the pimp was nice and said I was what they were looking for. Client would like to see me for interview and gave me a date.

They brought up there was no DOB on my CV so I e-mailed it over stating that it was not on the CV for "presentational" purposes.

Wait a day and get a mail back stating that the client doesnt think I am "suitable" for the position and its beenn filled by someone else.

Yay....where do I sue
    So do you reckon you're too old or too young?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    started a topic Ooooo my first bit of age discrimination....

Ooooo my first bit of age discrimination....

Applied for a gig as contract manager. Something I have never done before and to be fair I am not qualified to do it. Sent the CV in and the pimp was nice and said I was what they were looking for. Client would like to see me for interview and gave me a date.

They brought up there was no DOB on my CV so I e-mailed it over stating that it was not on the CV for "presentational" purposes.

Wait a day and get a mail back stating that the client doesnt think I am "suitable" for the position and its beenn filled by someone else.

Yay....where do I sue

Working...
X