• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Grad salaries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grad salaries

Does anyone know what last year's crop of grads started on in IT jobs.

I'm thinking of normal employers, not City types.

TIA

tim

Originally posted by tim123
    Does anyone know what last year's crop of grads started on in IT jobs.

I'm thinking of normal employers, not City types.

TIA

tim
    Less than £20k seems to be the norm. I've seen anything from £18 - 25k.

Comment

Around £15k is about right outside the city. £18 - 25k in it.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Looking for some cheap slave labour tim ??? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
          Looking for some cheap slave labour tim ??? :P
          Isnt slave labour free?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
            Isnt slave labour free?
            No no no, you now have to pay minimum wage and apologise to thier descendents in 500 years time, after all it's only fair.....

(Oh dear am I slipping into General mode???)

Comment

why do you ask? why do you care?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I'd agree with £18k-£25k being the norm. Average being about £21k.

Comment

I'm asking, because I'm interesed in knowing how much a uni industrial placement student would cost to take on.

When I did this I got about 80% of a new grad salary, but with a placement you have the added cost of 'training' them in the appropriate language (they all seem to learn Java now, which is not what my client wants) knowing that they are going to leave after a year.

OTOH you do know that you are going to get the full year, which you don't with a 'normal' employee.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
                    I'm asking, because I'm interesed in knowing how much a uni industrial placement student would cost to take on.

When I did this I got about 80% of a new grad salary, but with a placement you have the added cost of 'training' them in the appropriate language (they all seem to learn Java now, which is not what my client wants) knowing that they are going to leave after a year.

OTOH you do know that you are going to get the full year, which you don't with a 'normal' employee.

tim
                    Just hire one that has learnt something outside the classroom. Any decent IT person will learn stuff outside the classroom so just hire them in the language that you want.

Comment

Working...
                    X