• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market downturn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Visas aren't going to kill the contractor market, IR35 is when they push the Public Sector changes into the private sector.

My guess is it will all change come April 2019.

Make the most of it while you can.
    A combination of Visas, outsourcing and the changes to IR35 interpretation might not kill contracting on their own but combined could kill it.

That is before any other market conditions come into play in the next few years, go which Brexit seems the most obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
      A combination of Visas, outsourcing and the changes to IR35 interpretation might not kill contracting on their own but combined could kill it.

That is before any other market conditions come into play in the next few years, go which Brexit seems the most obvious.
      Either way, it doesn't seem promising to me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by skysies View Post
        And the funny thing is, my colleagues, the contractors including the Indians, all voted Brexit en masse,...go figure

Comment

Not all doom and gloom. I suspect the IR35 changes will be resisted by the Private Sector, especially if there is a hint they will need to offer employee benefits.

Brexit will no doubt involve a lot of work.

There should be no more Tier 2 Visas (although I have my doubts with some agencies) and eventually migrants get absorbed in the host country and will expect to share the spoils like the natives.

Comment

European push to take in UK contractors

Originally posted by skysies View Post
            I am a Brit living and working in NL and Germany. NL and German companies are well aware of the UK gov't pressurising employees and contractors and they are well aware of IR35 and it's implications. They are happy to draw UK contract staff and employees and sponsor employees if visa's are required post Brexit. The UK is going to screw itself. Contractors support the UK economy by providing much needed cashflow. IR35 is counter productive!

Comment

Working...
            X