• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Variable day rate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't quote two different rates, as it would appear you're gouging on the 1 week contract. The customer sounds as if he could be quite valuable over the long term and as a contractor you will need many contracts with many different clients. If I took my car to the garage I would be pretty miffed if they charged a higher rate for shorter repairs.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
      you have read OP the wrong way around
      If only he was THINKING LIKE A BUSINESS this could be avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
        you have read OP the wrong way around
        How so? I gave a possible option which is similar to the consultancies which get in on a loss leader and then sweep up once they are in. Something for him to consider that's all. The other thinking is charge higher for the short work to make it worth it.

But thanks for your useful input as usual.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X