• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in Germany

Hi Folks, nice to meet y'all

Just secured a new contract in Frankfurt, to start in about 10 days time. Anyone worked in Germany before? Got any top tips?

Is an EHIC enough medical cover for 4 months or should I take out extra insurance?

cheers
    How's My Skiving?

Call 0800 S.L.A.C.K.E.R.

Originally posted by alx
    Hi Folks, nice to meet y'all

Just secured a new contract in Frankfurt, to start in about 10 days time. Anyone worked in Germany before? Got any top tips?

Is an EHIC enough medical cover for 4 months or should I take out extra insurance?

cheers
    Not really. Bear in mind that the EHIC card only covers emergency healthcare and there is a lot that it doesnt cover. Insurance is not the ost expensive in the world so you should be wise to get it.

Germany is a pretty cool place, did a few months out there with the Army (TA) when I was at Uni... just dont drive into a tree...they are a bit overly protective of their trees.

Comment

No I don't think its worth getting medical cover, all you need is emergency. Lets face it, if its something serious, cancer, or kidney failure you'd need to come back anyway. If you did want some additional cover then do it with a UK company. German companies only offer longterm medical insurance.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
        No I don't think its worth getting medical cover, all you need is emergency. Lets face it, if its something serious, cancer, or kidney failure you'd need to come back anyway. If you did want some additional cover then do it with a UK company. German companies only offer longterm medical insurance.
        Personal choice. I agree with BlasterBates: I get insurance to cover what I can't afford.

Comment

Working...
        X