• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Contract Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzpop
    They havent told me to go through one particular solutions but said that its the only way of getting out of ir35 as they say anyone who goes with them is compliant with ir35. Mordec, have you heard of Xnansa?
    Xansa are almost the biggest shower of tulipe I have ever encountered in 15 years of contracting (I didn't work for them, I worked with some of their people, and that was quite an experience, and one which I'd rather not repeat). S3 are still a short head in front, but it's a close run thing. I'd be very very wary of anything they say, and I'd also be very wary of their contract terms and margins. Don't say you weren't warned.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Get your contract looked at by Bauer and Cottrell (I know it's been said before but I sense your bewilderment at being in a situation not of your making and feel for you...).

So, take stock.

Have you said yes to X? Verbal acceptances do muddy the water (and arguments about how binding they are).

Look at the stickie's above, decide whether you want to go Ltd or Umbrella (Brollie). Parasol are useful.

Join the PCG - they will give you straight, no nonsense advice in booklets and such.

In the meantime, look at jobserve again - 2 interviews/job offers are better than one.

Most of all remember that agents can smell desperation over the phone and will push you to accept their rate and T&Cs. Do not fall for it.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I've worked with Xansa (for outsourced support - I didn't realise they operated as a recruitment agency as well) and found them middling for the market. Not the sharpest knives in the drawer, but certainly not devious rip-off merchants like some.

Comment

Working...
        X