• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BAE systems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I've got a 206 mile drive to London. Coming down, I can do it in less than 3.5 hours, setting off before 4am and arriving just after 7am.

Setting off on a Friday at 2pm, I'm "happy" to get home by 7-7:30 and that's with me knowing the back routes of Cheshire that I can use to get up to the M62/M60. You'd then have another x hours to go to get up to Barrow.

Friday southbound on the M6 looks carp too - Flight to MCR then train to Barrow looks safest. That said, it's annoying that the only London to Manchester flights are from Heathrow.
    You would be quicker going by train all the way...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

what's the setup like in Barrow for digs? Is it all B&Bs?

Comment

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
        what's the setup like in Barrow for digs? Is it all B&Bs?
        If you are staying for more than 5 nights in a B&B it would be cheaper to buy a house
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X