• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    You laugh......

I have actually seen something similar in real life
    Yep, Venn Group do it.

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
    Back when I was a permie I had a "Technical test" sent to me to do over a weekend.

It contained a load of interface definitions, details for how to connect to their database populated with test data and some "Sample code" that they wanted features added to.

I didnt bother going any further with that because I strongly suspect the "Technical test" was actually them trying to get some work for free out of me.

I have a friend who does mobile development who was told his technical test would involve him being given access to their code base so that he could "Fix any bugs he spots" and his checkins would be audited....

However in this case, if they are willing to pay you and you have some spare time I'd do it, if a contract comes out of the back of it great, if not, you still get paid for a days work, another client on the CV.
    Face to face can be useful, especially if you hit it off well with the agent and they're the right person to look for roles for you. Don't go out of your way to do it, but if you're benched and in the same city, it can be worth an hour of your time.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
    X