• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Startup Checklist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    What she asked for was the admin things that need sorting out, rather than advice on running the business.
    She's after a lacky/PA then?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      She's after a lacky/PA then?

Sounds like one for you bud
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
        Thanks - she has the business plan, she knows the service, has potential customers lined up, knows how to spread the word etc.

What she asked for was the admin things that need sorting out, rather than advice on running the business.
        In which case I retract the snarky tone of my previous post

Comment

My top tip is to get her to sign up to FreeAgent.

It's a fantastic accounting package and I thoroughly recommend it.

It does invoicing, time tracking, expenses, payroll, online payments, automatically loads your bank statement for simple reconciliation and much more.

My favourite feature is it calculates the VAT return and submits it to HMRC. And it also does your personal self-assessment and submits that too.

Another very useful service is RapidDocs LegalManager. It allows you to create legal documents for things like Purchase Orders, Employment, NDA's and so on.

Comment

Erm. Just being a pedant.. It doesn't submit them. You still have to do it with your gateway details.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

i've got friends who are in the tech startup games and have been doing it since the first dot com boom

they've developed a template plan when setting up a business, basic logical stuff but it is all in one plan, PM me if interested

Comment

Working...
              X