• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something new for contractors...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    We've not missed anything, you have, as discussed...

LIBEL.

Just like giving a bad personal job reference...
    It seems like you are focused on the end product rather than the idea. The idea is not locked in, imagine if libel was not an issue and it doesn't exist. What positives would you like to see on a platform like this? To go back to my original question, what positives have you experienced in the past when contracting? When have you had incredible services.

Comment

Originally posted by PortSalutBoss View Post
      Great responses - Thanks a lot! I know the main difficulty is the key board warriors who throw their toys out of the pram at the first issue. This is why I am trying to focus on the positives... Not that I have had many, maybe the fact is that there are not a lot of positives? Or maybe we don't have a platform that focus' on the positives?

I'd love to hear more of what you think
      We've endlessly done this subject, that is why. You are a man trying to sell us a square wheel
      It's amazing you believe libel is just a minor hurdle, especially in these PC times.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It seems like you are focused on the end product rather than the idea. The idea is not locked in, imagine if libel was not an issue and it doesn't exist. What positives would you like to see on a platform like this? To go back to my original question, what positives have you experienced in the past when contracting? When have you had incredible services.
        From an agency
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

We've not missed anything, you have, as discussed...

LIBEL.

Just like giving a bad personal job reference...
          yet review sites do exist, Trip Advisor being a prime example.

OP - I know you didn't want critique, but I agree with what most others have said.

Review Sites are mostly for things you are buying/renting, where there is a plethora of choice for you the consumer.

With agencies, for the most part, there isn't a choice. Yes, there are roles with multiple agencies, but you have no guarantee you will get put forward by whichever agent your site determines is "the best".

In fact, in this whole scenario, the agent and the client are the ones who should be wanting to read reviews about contractors.

In short, I wouldn't say there is no merit in your idea, but I wouldn't bother to use it myself.

Comment

Lets not sway

You guys have been great and I've been having some great discussions but mostly about the idea and why it wont work. Please don't forget my original question, what have recruiters done that have wowed you? Something simple that makes a huge difference? an example of great service or a feature that makes you want to use the same company again!

Comment

You guys have been great and I've been having some great discussions but mostly about the idea and why it wont work. Please don't forget my original question, what have recruiters done that have wowed you? Something simple that makes a huge difference? an example of great service or a feature that makes you want to use the same company again!
              Failed ideas are the building blocks of something better... Please let me know your examples

Comment

There's no wow factor. Get me an interview, get me the rate I've asked for and pay me on time. It's a simple process that you're trying to make difficult.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  yet review sites do exist, Trip Advisor being a prime example.
                  Very true, however this is likely to involve personal critique of an individuals way of performing their job, hence more iffy...
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Very true, however this is likely to involve personal critique of an individuals way of performing their job, hence more iffy...
                    Throw in the unofficial blacklist and it's a recipe for disaster.

Let's just say that I cannot see giving bad reviews as being good for business.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

OP is flogging a dead horse here. How many times does he have to ask to focus on the positives, not get a response and have to ask again? Always worries me when people are so focussed on trying to see positives when there are so many negatives they willing to completely ignore. Sounds more like brainwashing to me. Dunno why, just makes me very wary and is getting a bit boring.

The fact we posted a link to the last failed time this was floated and he's admitted he's not read it... I can't see this ending well.
                      Last edited by northernladuk; 30 August 2016, 16:06.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X