• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Policy/Contract Terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency Policy/Contract Terms

Hi all, was after some advice.

I've been contract for some time now through a Ltd company, my Wife is the sole director (We both contract through the company) and I am a shareholder.

I'm just about to start a new contract with an end client but I noticed something I've not seen before on the contract drawn up by the agency representing them.

It states that the Personnel/Named consultant must be the sole Director and Shareholder of the Ltd company or an employee of an Umbrella Company?!

I've never seen a condition/policy like this before and just wondered if any of you have come across this before. A Director doesn't have to be a shareholder and a shareholder doesn't have to be a Director so can't think why this would be an issue for them?

Would be grateful for your thoughts..

Quite a few posts on this recently. Have a dig through these and try playing with the search a bit.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=So...obile&ie=UTF-8
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, will check them out.

Comment

Working...
      X