• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to find a non-IT role?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're a contractor it might be better her becoming your company secretary. See your accountant for details.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Isn't that basically PMO?!
      Sadly in many cases it is but it's so wrong. A good PMO can make all the difference. An office manager/secretary etc just causes more work.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
        Have you guys done the sums of Mrs going back part time vs. childcare costs ? Also, does your Mrs. really want to go back to work ?
        Childcare is £52.50 a day so yes, it's worth it plus she really needs to get some normality back in her life, hopefully that will trigger a whole raft of improvements, it's absolutely what she and I want.
        ...well, she wants the normality, I want the improvements but the outcome's the same. 2 or 3 days work a week is necessary.

Comment

Going door to door around local agencies may be worth doing. Dress smart, have a practices spiel, bring a printed CV and a smartphone. Immediately follow up with emailed CV and LinkedIn connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Going door to door around local agencies may be worth doing. Dress smart, have a practices spiel, bring a printed CV and a smartphone. Immediately follow up with emailed CV and LinkedIn connection.
            I did that myself 5 years ago when I was between contracts - thought I might do a few days of temp office work to get my out of the house / meeting people.

Every agency I went to, as soon as I mentioned office work they set me to work doing a typing test. I hope things have moved on since then although of course I know they haven't.

But yes, building a bit of rapport with local agencies can only be a positive thing plus will give her some experience at selling herself.

Getting her to actually do it though is going to be hard

Comment

I'd put something on LinkedIn and get people to share it.
              PM me, I've got 1000+ recruitment agents on my connections, I can share it.

Comment

Working...
              X