• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yet another Notice Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    But his contract is with the agent so if the client says it it means nothing surely?
    Technically correct. But it can be seen as pre-approval of any timesheet the client is willing (or not) sign for the departed contractor. However, it maybe an IR35 indicator, so may not ne a good idea.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
      Technically correct. But it can be seen as pre-approval of any timesheet the client is willing (or not) sign for the departed contractor. However, it maybe an IR35 indicator, so may not ne a good idea.
      It depends on the wording in the contract.

What other clauses are the termination clauses linked to?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        It depends on the wording in the contract.

What other clauses are the termination clauses linked to?
        Indeed.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          Indeed.
          Let's see: Force Majeure, Mutuality of Obligation, Proof of work delivered, Early termination by the client for any cause... there are others around misconduct, performance and non-delivery but probably not so relevant here.

Seriously, you want contractor level income, think like a contractor and accept part of that higher rate is to cover risks such as work drying up early. Clients hire contractors because they are disposable. Sh!t happens, get on with the next one.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Let's see: Force Majeure, Mutuality of Obligation, Proof of work delivered, Early termination by the client for any cause... there are others around misconduct, performance and non-delivery but probably not so relevant here.
            Some of my contracts have not had that clause in and in others I make sure it is altered so I can be terminated early but there must be a clear reason.

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Seriously, you want contractor level income, think like a contractor and accept part of that higher rate is to cover risks such as work drying up early. Clients hire contractors because they are disposable. Sh!t happens, get on with the next one.
            There other clauses I don't allow in my contracts. I've had more than one agent who weren't clued up on things like H&S regulations who though that stating they didn't apply to me was OK. Funny thing is this often contradicted the clients' induction booklet....

Comment

Happened to me on Friday too!
              Agent said they should have contacted them first to give notice. Then the agency will had a record of formal notice rather than verbal notice.
              I just feel the Contract market is very unstable right now
              Last edited by CloudWalker; 11 June 2016, 17:18.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
                Happened to me on Friday too!
                Agent said they should have contacted them first to give notice. Then the agency will had a record of formal notice rather than verbal notice.
                I just feel the Contract market is very unstable right now
                It's more polite to tell you informally then tell the agency formally as you are working directly with the client.

Comment

Working...
                X