• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract at Investment Bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you a Project Manager by any chance....?
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by ViolentCheese
      Well I have had no reference or credit check. I am also barely competant enough to do my job.
      I think it would be best if you were to remove yourself from the gene pool.

Comment

I was certainly checked for "liquidity" when I worked for UBS, not sure if it was the same as a typical credit check (i.e the equifax rubbish for personal loans etc), but there was a definite declaration of "credit-worthyness" , and they *did* check back references over 3 years (which is the only time it ever happened in 20 years of being pimped)

Random drug tests were also brought in (circa 2000ish) and it was initially amusing (later cringeworthy) to watch various people returned from amsterdam for a weekend, drink their own body weight in water on a monday morning........

Only heard (she disappeared one afternoon) of one person getting the "walk" for drugs, then again it could have been something else entirely.........

Comment

I was credit checked for work in IB. Not drug tested though and I would refuse that. Performance on the job is what matters and if its not up to scratch they can show me the door.
          All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Working...
          X