• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone took an Apprentice to a contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone took an Apprentice to a contract?

I read about how Apprenticeships take you right out of IR35 if you had one. Also could be a nice way to start building a company where I don't need to be on site all the time + theres £1500 grant per apprentice.

Anyone done it?

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    I read about how Apprenticeships take you right out of IR35 if you had one. Also could be a nice way to start building a company where I don't need to be on site all the time + theres £1500 grant per apprentice.

Anyone done it?
    Have you read up a little on what the requirements are around taking on apprentices or have you just dropped a brain fart on the forum do someone else can do it for you?

And thought about how to get this past a client, what you gonna do inbetween gig's etc??
    Last edited by northernladuk; 3 May 2016, 14:57.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I already have several employees, so a lot of the hassles (payroll, AE, etc) are things I have to do anyway.

And I have an employee that I could have hired as an apprentice. And there's no way I would do that, having looked into it. Too much hassle.

Too busy to respond in more depth right now.

Comment

Don't Accenture already do this?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Don't Accenture already do this?
          They do but they call them consultants and bill them out a $1200 a day not including expenses.. although they do supply their own spot cream.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 3 May 2016, 16:27.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X