• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inundated with interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as good as a couple of hundred extra pounds a week though. I would seriously barter, you can still accet what is being offered and to be honest he should be expecting you to barter with him a bit. If you don't he will think he can walk all over you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
      Not as good as a couple of hundred extra pounds a week though. I would seriously barter, you can still accet what is being offered and to be honest he should be expecting you to barter with him a bit. If you don't he will think he can walk all over you!!
      I will have a think about it this weekend. For now though, I am more than content..

I have only been with this customer and agent for 2 months, so I thought it was best to wait for a while to prove my worth..

PS Ardesco, I believe you're into testing as well aren't you?
      Last edited by XperTest; 27 October 2006, 14:38.

Comment

What a great position to be in. Well done!!

Quick tip; when a pimp asks your rate, tell him x. When he asks what will you accept, tell him x. It amazes the hell out of me when people say their rate is £450 but will settle for £400...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by XperTest
          I will have a think about it this weekend. For now though, I am more than content..

I have only been with this customer and agent for 2 months, so I thought it was best to wait for a while to prove my worth..

PS Ardesco, I believe you're into testing as well aren't you?
          Yup and wishing that I knew more dutch than "Geen koekje voor u" and that my wife would let me go over there. It sounds like the market is good out there at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
            What a great position to be in. Well done!!

Quick tip; when a pimp asks your rate, tell him x. When he asks what will you accept, tell him x. It amazes the hell out of me when people say their rate is £450 but will settle for £400...

I will quite often say that i'll be more flexible for a longer term contract. But yeah the old "well whats the lowest you'll go to" is a trap that a lot of people will fall for
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              Yup and wishing that I knew more dutch than "Geen koekje voor u" and that my wife would let me go over there. It sounds like the market is good out there at the moment
              I can't think of many business situations where that particular sentence might be of any use although people are not likely to take offence, just probably think you have lost your marbles. Test market here is very hot indeed. I have also kept my eye out for a position in the North East but the market over there seems to be very quiet compared to here for some odd reason. I was a permy not long ago and as soon as I heard they had sold out all their testing folk for the next three months I thought it might be a good time to start contracting..

Comment

*cojak starts eyeing 'ISEB Software Testing' courses speculatively...*
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X