• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving contract midway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
    You say that, but let me quote your original statement:

Basically accusing any of us who give advice saying, you know, be professional that we wouldn't jump ship/act unprofessional if the boot was on the other foot.

The thing is, you can either do contracting properly, run it like a business, act professional, etc, or you can basically be a disguised permie, distrusting your clients and agents and giving all of us a bad name.

You've tried to equate JSA with the tax efficient route that dividends/LtdCo offer, but they aren't the same at all. I'm paying myself a salary this year as it happens, but I've had no qualms with dividends in the past because I've always acted like a proper business. And I've done so by following the guidance of many people on this forum throughout the years - not just the regular posters, but all sorts of people. Be professional and try to improve your client's situation. It's not rocket science.
    OK. I will agree. MAybe I should have said its easy to post one thing and do another then. I dont know.

Thats your opinion of course. Fair enough if you have no qualms then as it happens neither do I. Its just that sometimes I feel that just because I have a different opinion about JSA than others I get shouted down.

Like I've always said, it doesnt fit in every circumstance, it can be hassle, and it is a little bit of a grey area. But it is legal. So end of day, if you dont want to do it then don't. But to tell newbies that you absolutely cannot is complete crap. Let people make their own minds up.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      OK. I will agree. MAybe I should have said its easy to post one thing and do another then. I dont know.

Thats your opinion of course. Fair enough if you have no qualms then as it happens neither do I. Its just that sometimes I feel that just because I have a different opinion about JSA than others I get shouted down.

Like I've always said, it doesnt fit in every circumstance, it can be hassle, and it is a little bit of a grey area. But it is legal. So end of day, if you dont want to do it then don't. But to tell newbies that you absolutely cannot is complete crap. Let people make their own minds up.
      I don't recollect anyone saying you cannot claim. Can you point me at such a post?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        I don't recollect anyone saying you cannot claim. Can you point me at such a post?
        LOL. You serious? If I had a pound for every post saying its disgusting or shameful I'd be a rich man!

Comment

LOL. You serious? If I had a pound for every post saying its disgusting or shameful I'd be a rich man!
          The fact that people said that it's disgusting and/or shameful is NOT the same as someone saying you can't do it.

There's no law saying you can't go down on Susan Boyle. Nuff said.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Which isn't what you said. You said "to tell newbies that you absolutely cannot is complete crap" - which I don't recall anyone ever saying.

Link?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

To clarify, what was disgusting was your ludicrous crowing about how JSA helped pay for your holiday (regardless of the fact that was clearly nonsense) - completely crass when you consider the hardships many families on JSA go through. But appreciate this is off topic so I'll drop it.

Comment

Glad we agree on these two at least.

I dont brag about it. I dont want to be on JSA ever - its £74 a week. What gets my goat is people standing on their pedestal trying to make out that something that is perfectly legal is somehow wrong.
                You had, I believe, around 16K, or so you said on here. You used it to pay your credit card, thus making yourself skint, prior to claiming JSA.
                I thought there was usually savings means testing to take in consideration, prior to claiming, but you cynically thought you would be smart and circumvent it.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush, it's pretty insulting.

You are always on about members of your family being "dole cheating scum", ironic really.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
                  To clarify, what was disgusting was your ludicrous crowing about how JSA helped pay for your holiday (regardless of the fact that was clearly nonsense) - completely crass when you consider the hardships many families on JSA go through. But appreciate this is off topic so I'll drop it.
                  It was a joke.....

Comment

FTFY
                    It was true.....
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It was a joke.....
                      Where as I appreciate you need to defend yourself, the fact that you, and only you think you are right here speaks volumes. I think it's very disappointing and reflects very badly on you. The fact you probably won't care is even more of a shame. Pretty poor attitude all round.

Nothing wrong with doing something you have to but to be so proud of it isn't clever.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X