• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contract negotiation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by domainer View Post
    I have noticed this trend in that nobody seems to want to work for aerospace much.
    It depends what you mean by your earlier comment about plebs and the dark side.

Who are the plebs, in your opinion? What, in your opinion, is the dark side?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Certainly not a trend I've seen. I know it's rather a closed shop due to most gigs needing SC and the agents only putting people forward that already have it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So.. I grew a spine and asked for more dosh and more days

This week I will either be as happy as a dog with two dicks, or outside Job Centre Plus first thing.

Thanks for your advice all, I shall post the result..

Comment

So.. I grew a spine and asked for more dosh and more days

This week I will either be as happy as a dog with two dicks, or outside Job Centre Plus first thing.

Thanks for your advice all, I shall post the result..
          In my experience, just "asking" can go one of two ways:-

1. They crap themselves that you're even thinking of leaving and sort an increase out.

2. They know you're not really going to leave so give you some crap excuse why its a no.

Most of the times its 2.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Ok, so good and bad, what happened is they offered me more days, and any amount of extra time I want/is needed, but at the same rate
            ..question is whether it the client or agency not willing to pay a little extra.. I could always ask I guess

Comment

Ok, so good and bad, what happened is they offered me more days, and any amount of extra time I want/is needed, but at the same rate
              ..question is whether it the client or agency not willing to pay a little extra.. I could always ask I guess
              Who'd you ask? client or agency?
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Who'd you ask? client or agency?
                I asked only the agency so far, in my mind it feels a bit of a whinge going to the client cap in hand 'please sir can I have some more'.

Due to my situation I will probably be taking it on chin and carrying on, but I have learnt some good lessons in the process for next time
                ..the main one being - make sure you think very long and hard about what you go in at (especially for the long term), because it could be difficult to change down the line no matter how 'good' you might be.

Comment

I have learnt some good lessons in the process for next time
                  ..the main one being - make sure you think very long and hard about what you go in at (especially for the long term), because it could be difficult to change down the line no matter how 'good' you might be.
                  You are a CONTRACTOR. You move from contract to contract. If you don't like the rate (or become greedy/feel you deserve a rise), then you ask for it or you walk. You then get another contract.
                  That's what makes you a contractor. If you want a job where you have a starting rate that increases every year and you discuss a raise, not an extension, then you're not a contractor.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                  X