• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can somebody recommend me a Service Address company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can somebody recommend me a Service Address company?

My landlord doesn't want me to register a company at the address of the property and wants me to use a service address.

Can somebody recommend a good reliable company?

Originally posted by ujjain View Post
    My landlord doesn't want me to register a company at the address of the property and wants me to use a service address.

Most accountants will do this as part of their service.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

All the usual suspects on the web are reliable the problem, you have is people who set up companies for the aim of using fraud use the same addresses.

Ask your accountant, or find a close relative you can trust and visit at least every fortnight. The latter means you don't have to worry if you change your accountants.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

@OP: Also note that if you ever have to register for VAT, the VAT people do not accept the Director's home address as "Business address" (i.e. VAT address), so you will need to find a place (possibly rent a physical office space) just for the purpose of your business (contracting is business too), since there are two important concepts here: Service / registered address, and VAT /Business address (i.e. where day to day business takes place).

Even if you find a close relative to help you with their address being a service address for you, they may not accept to be a VAT registration address.
        Your accountant may accept to provide the "service address" service, BUT not the "Business Address" service (No accountants provide that!)

Many people don't even understand (or are ever told/advised if need be!) that there is a "Business address" involved when doing business / contracts!... this is very strange.. in spite of the fact that VAT people themselves kindly make this point very clear in their registration forms! (They explicitly say you cannot give director's home address as Business address for VAT registration).

Comment

really? can't have your home office as your vat address? hmmmm. I wonder how many people know that?

Comment

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
            @OP: Also note that if you ever have to register for VAT, the VAT people do not accept the Director's home address as "Business address" (i.e. VAT address), s <more> .
            This?

Business contact details
            Business address
            This address should be in the United Kingdom (UK).
            Please do not use an accountant’s address, a PO box or a ‘care of’ address.
            They are not acceptable and HMRC will return the form to you to correct
            the entry.
            Non-UK addresses
            If you are applying to register for UK VAT but are abroad, you may deal
            directly with HMRC or appoint a tax representative in the UK.
            To register direct with HMRC, please send your application form to:
            Non Established Taxable Persons Unit (NETPU)
            HM Revenue & Customs
            Ruby House
            8 Ruby Place
            ABERDEEN
            AB10 1ZP
            To appoint a tax representative to handle your UK VAT affairs, please
            complete form VAT1TR. Go to www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/vat1tr.pdf
            Other contact details
            Please provide a phone number in case we need to contact you
            Last edited by wysiwyg; 16 March 2016, 20:37.

Comment

Originally posted by ChadGates View Post
              really? can't have your home office as your vat address? hmmmm. I wonder how many people know that?
              My home office is my registered address and my trading address.

The trading address is where my VAT letters (now emails) are sent to. All perfectly legal.

Comment

Some accountants or company formation agents offer this specific service (although I have found some of them quite unreliable and have got into all sorts of trouble in the past because of it), or else use Mail Boxes Etc.

Comment

Parents ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                    Parents ?
                    Some people don't have parents even at a young age hence I put "close relative".

Comment

Working...
                    X