• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will contract rates increase to pass dividend tax increase to clients?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    I really don't want yet another link in the chain holding onto my money thank you, it's bad enough having the risk of the client or agency going belly up owing thousands.
    Even if all tax breaks were removed?

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
      There really should be an easier way though. I guess the only real option would be to somehow force people into umbrellas or force agencies to become umbrellas themselves.
      Again you are showing no awareness of the law. Heard of the Agency Workers Regulations?

Also some of us who work through limited companies contract directly with clients. Why would I place another organisation in the middle of that relationship who may go bust if I don't have to?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

People do in Norway and other Nordic countries where there are no tax breaks.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Again you are showing no awareness of the law. Heard of the Agency Workers Regulations?

Also some of us who work through limited companies contract directly with clients. Why would I place another organisation in the middle of that relationship who may go bust if I don't have to?
          That seems fair enough if you have the relationship, but without the extra breaks it doesn't seem worthwhile.

Comment

If HMRC want to give me sick pay, paid holidays, private heath care and match my pension contributions then yes that's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              If HMRC want to give me sick pay, paid holidays, private heath care and match my pension contributions then yes that's fine.
              I have to say if I had to get an ltd and an accountant and generate invoices there's no way I'd contract (assuming I had a choice). Guess that means I'm not a real contractor, even if I end up doing this for the next twenty years...

Comment

I have to say if I had to get an ltd and an accountant and generate invoices there's no way I'd contract (assuming I had a choice). Guess that means I'm not a real contractor, even if I end up doing this for the next twenty years...
                That is the most ill informed moronic post I think I have ever seen on these forums.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  That is the most ill informed moronic post I think I have ever seen on these forums.
                  Hahahaha, you're good man!

Comment

I have to say if I had to get an ltd and an accountant and generate invoices there's no way I'd contract (assuming I had a choice).
                    And that's a perfectly valid view to have - some companies need employees, and that's what you are.

But there's a difference between someone who falls into an umbrella because their previous company didn't want them any more and thinks they are a contractor, and someone who operates a limited company and works via that mechanism.

I'd happy work as self-employed schedule D. The slight problem is that no client or agency will accept me working that way, which somewhat limits my earning possibility.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      I'd happy work as self-employed schedule D. The slight problem is that no client or agency will accept me working that way, which somewhat limits my earning possibility.
                      Watch this space

Comment

Working...
                      X