• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice Period????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice Period????

Hi All,

Just from experience, is there a way round "Notice Periods" in contracts. Have just been done by Atos (Holland) was a 12mth contract with them, but ran out of funds on the 9mth, hence a 30 day notice period was issued, is there anyway round this in future contracts. It is mostly one-sided.

Tx
    Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

Originally posted by oloks
    Hi All,

Just from experience, is there a way round "Notice Periods" in contracts. Have just been done by Atos (Holland) was a 12mth contract with them, but ran out of funds on the 9mth, hence a 30 day notice period was issued, is there anyway round this in future contracts. It is mostly one-sided.

Tx
    This is what contracting is all about. You are lucky to have received a 30 day notice period that they are paying you for. Ultimately you got 10 months out of 12, as opposed to 9, so it's not all bad.

I doubt there's any way out of it unless u specify that u don't want notice periods in the contract, but then they can probably just get rid of you on the spot. The reverse also applies, i.e. if you really wanted to leave u should be able to offer them a notice period.

Comment

I try and get my contracts amended to state notice period equal on both sides - sometimes it works and sometimes they tell me to feck off.

Comment

Working...
      X