• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiter asking for picture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just make sure you have a professional photo to hand. The amount of times I see people put pics of themselves on a night out in LinkedIn or a picture of them with sunglasses, a hat and holding a fish is unreal. Its LinkedIn, not facebook.

I have seen girls in Bikini pics but they are professional trainers, glamour models, etc. They do however leave themselves open to guys who treat LinkedIn as a dating website!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      You'd want ID before an interview to confirm that the photo sent by the agent was the person who attended.

If the ID comes after the interview then the ClientCo would need to take a photo of the interviewee to confirm it matched.
      That seems okay, why not book the interview on the basis of the CV and photo after for the reasons you've stated? If it's not a face-to-face then obviously if the person who turns up for the job on day one isn't the person in the submitted ID then you just tell them to take a hike. Seems less risky to me.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
        That seems okay, why not book the interview on the basis of the CV and photo after for the reasons you've stated? If it's not a face-to-face then obviously if the person who turns up for the job on day one isn't the person in the submitted ID then you just tell them to take a hike. Seems less risky to me.

Because who says the person submitting the ID is the person being put forward for the role?

They don't use the photo for the BASIS of the interview, but for a security check. I know the Daily Fail may tell you otherwise, but businesses are looking to hire quality consultants. Some people would send a different person to the interview to secure a high rate of pay, then send in an idiot to do the job, hoping no one would notice.
        (It's KPMG/Deloitte's standard business model)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Some people would send a different person to the interview to secure a high rate of pay, then send in an idiot to do the job, hoping no one would notice.
          Yes, in the case I faced the guy went, on a Friday, from a sociable, outgoing, capable technical person, into a reclusive, useless, technical retard, over the weekend.

TCS consulting, should anyone want anyone similar.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Use Skype or similar.

There are lots of ways of checking the person is who you interviewed.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Because who says the person submitting the ID is the person being put forward for the role?

They don't use the photo for the BASIS of the interview, but for a security check. I know the Daily Fail may tell you otherwise, but businesses are looking to hire quality consultants. Some people would send a different person to the interview to secure a high rate of pay, then send in an idiot to do the job, hoping no one would notice.
              I don't see how having a photo really protects you from someone using a bogus CV - or are you suggesting there's a lot of people out there doing interviews on behalf of others? Surely a Panorama episode should be in the works for that story!

It still seems like an unnecessary legal risk to me to ask for a photo. Surely an ID, birth certificate and voting record would suffice?

Comment

I don't see how having a photo really protects you from someone using a bogus CV - or are you suggesting there's a lot of people out there doing interviews on behalf of others? Surely a Panorama episode should be in the works for that story!

It still seems like an unnecessary legal risk to me to ask for a photo. Surely an ID, birth certificate and voting record would suffice?
                I know there are people doing interviews for others, as I said earlier
                How many, I don't know, but speaking to colleagues, most have heard of it, or witnessed it directly.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Birth certificate you can order from ancestry and says "this is not a form of ID".
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Birth certificate you can order from ancestry and says "this is not a form of ID".
                    All together of course!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      I know there are people doing interviews for others, as I said earlier
                      How many, I don't know, but speaking to colleagues, most have heard of it, or witnessed it directly.
                      That's crazy, you almost have me feeling sorry for godless corporations! I've actually been a hiring manager (though thankfully we had a recruitment group to filter CVs and talk to agencies) and I've never encountered this. My biggest problem was having to ride shotgun with another manager who thought every interview should start with a thirty-minute history of our corporation...zzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                      X