• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Photo on your CV?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gixxer View Post
    the answer I got was that with a picture one can understand if the person is friendly and a possible good team player.
    This guy did OK, maybe, they thought he was a good team player

Originally posted by gixxer View Post
    I am considered to be a nice looking guy
    Not only that, but you are, really, very modest too
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Actually they did not like this picture of me as I was not smiling there. They want smiley pictures to see you are a reliable teamplayer

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      This guy did OK, maybe, they thought he was a good team player

Not only that, but you are, really, very modest too

Comment

Anyway.. To bring the topic back to this one..

OP.. I do hope you are going to register for the seminar shown at the top of the forums for the 27th. Could be very enlightening.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Anyway.. To bring the topic back to this one..

OP.. I do hope you are going to register for the seminar shown at the top of the forums for the 27th. Could be very enlightening.
          I have actually, although that's one of the nights I go to the gym.

Along time ago I did my CV on a Wang and duly punted it out. I got zero traction. Sometime later I got a CV bloke to come round he house. He put together a work of art. I got it printed on fine paper and nearly cried with joy.

Shortly afterwards I got a job with shed loads of money, perks, shares, pension, bonuses and free crayfish in the canteen.

All from the old CV.
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
            I arrived at a challenger bank and at the same moment so did the guy with the photo.

So no - photos are not a no-no.

Stop being so black-and-white.

That's Northern's job.
            Only a fool or one of offshore friends would put their photo on their CV. For a start they are opening themselves up for discrimination or even worse a good laugh by the agent/client so affecting their decision before reading a word.
            Secondly just check google.. Which you should have before asking here... And you would find the overwhelming answer is no. It's highly likely the client also thinks the same so by putting one on you are immediately, again, putting yourself at a disadvantage.

There you go. Black and white enough?

I hope your friend has a large warchest if you are in charge of changing his CV.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 15 January 2016, 02:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
              I have actually, although that's one of the nights I go to the gym.

Along time ago I did my CV on a Wang and duly punted it out. I got zero traction. Sometime later I got a CV bloke to come round he house. He put together a work of art. I got it printed on fine paper and nearly cried with joy.

Shortly afterwards I got a job with shed loads of money, perks, shares, pension, bonuses and free crayfish in the canteen.

All from the old CV.
              I've only needed to physically show 2 printed CVs in 10 years and that was due to the agents being caught editing them.

So doing a very nice design, which will likely get mangled by an agent, and printing them on fine paper, when most people use electronic versions or print them the size they want, is a waste of time.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I'm curious if people make similar judgements, subconsciously perhaps, about LinkedIn photos (or lack of).

So for those who say that CV photos are an absolute "no no" - do you still have a photo on LinkedIn?

Not having a CV photo is the norm. Not having a LinkedIn photo is less common, it seems.

For me, FWIW, I have neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                    I'm curious if people make similar judgements, subconsciously perhaps, about LinkedIn photos (or lack of).

So for those who say that CV photos are an absolute "no no" - do you still have a photo on LinkedIn?

Not having a CV photo is the norm. Not having a LinkedIn photo is less common, it seems.

For me, FWIW, I have neither.
                    I'm coherent and I don't have photo in LinkedIn, but in LinkedIn you can put a pineapple.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                      I'm coherent and I don't have photo in LinkedIn, but in LinkedIn you can put a pineapple.
                      Which is a great idea isn't it.

Comment

Working...
                      X