• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats the project you're working on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the project you're working on?

This is a new one on me.

Started a new gig at client "ABC", hooked up with these through agency "XYZ".

Towards end of last week I had a call from a lad at agency called Evolution, Warrington number, told him I was off the market and when he asked out of interest where at, I figured no dramas in that titbit of info.

Just had a call from lad at Evolution:
    L@E: "Hiya stoned, just a quick call to see how you're getting on over at ABC."
    ME: "Sound thanks Lad"
    L@E: "What is the project you're working on over at ABC"
    ME: "Sorry Lad?"
    L@E: "I've just been talking to "Nancy" in HR over at ABC, told her I knew you, what's the project you are assigned to?"
    ME: "Lad, with some due respect I'm too busy working for my client to be sat here discussing their projects with you!"
    L@E: "Thought you might be busy, I'll ring you later on."
    ???????????????????????????

Is "lad" even human?

I know the game but really, just ringing someone and asking what projects are on the go at a place he didn't even place you at? Mongs.....

Anyone else had this poor, poor, poor type of fishing?

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
    This is a new one on me.

Started a new gig at client "ABC", hooked up with these through agency "XYZ".

Towards end of last week I had a call from a lad at agency called Evolution, Warrington number, told him I was off the market and when he asked out of interest where at, I figured no dramas in that titbit of info.

Just had a call from lad at Evolution:
    L@E: "Hiya stoned, just a quick call to see how you're getting on over at ABC."
    ME: "Sound thanks Lad"
    L@E: "What is the project you're working on over at ABC"
    ME: "Sorry Lad?"
    L@E: "I've just been talking to "Nancy" in HR over at ABC, told her I knew you, what's the project you are assigned to?"
    ME: "Lad, with some due respect I'm too busy working for my client to be sat here discussing their projects with you!"
    L@E: "Thought you might be busy, I'll ring you later on."
    ???????????????????????????

Is "lad" even human?

I know the game but really, just ringing someone and asking what projects are on the go at a place he didn't even place you at? Mongs.....

Anyone else had this poor, poor, poor type of fishing?
    Lesson learnt?

L@E: Hi Nancy, I hear you're looking for a new bod for your project since OSR is moving on.
    Nancy: I hadn't heard that he was leaving.
    L@E: I heard he wasn't happy with his rate. Anyways, I've got some CVs here for his replacement. I'll fire them over.

Comment

stop calling people "lad".

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        It's because he was behaving like a lad.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Agents never trust them, its that time of year post chrimbo, nothing much happening that funny adverts appear on the boards, and strange calls from agents from agencies you have never heard of phone you and treat you as their best (no bestest) friend. They get no info from me, give them the slightest bit of info they will use it to try and use it.

Comment

Have a mobile just for job searching. Only switch it on when you are looking.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

HTH
              Or at least that is what he tells the wife when she finds it....

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                Calm down lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Lesson learnt?

L@E: Hi Nancy, I hear you're looking for a new bod for your project since OSR is moving on.
                  Nancy: I hadn't heard that he was leaving.
                  L@E: I heard he wasn't happy with his rate. Anyways, I've got some CVs here for his replacement. I'll fire them over.
                  Nancy: Surely he wouldn't have signed if he wasn't happy with rate?
                  OSR: Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    HTH

Seriously, this.

Not only this, but make sure it's a PAYG sim card, and after you've found a role and are settled in (give it about a week or two), turn the phone off, remove the sim and bin it. Then, when the gig ends (or is coming to an end), go and get yourself a brand new PAYG sim card from Tesco or ASDA or somewhere for 99p, activate it with the minimum amount (usually £10 or so) and bung that new number on your CV when looking for the next gig. Rinse and repeat.

Do all of the above and watch the number of unsolicited agent calls reduce by > 90% !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X