• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can businesses also buy ETF's/stocks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can businesses also buy ETF's/stocks?

I've now worked around 10 months as a contractor and I'm spending less than half my salary.

The money on my business account has gone up to £50k and just sits there doing nothing. I was thinking about leaving most of this money as emergency funds and tax, but maybe put £20k in stock/ETF and e.g. add a monthly £3k.

I'm already maxing out my Stocks & Shares ISA, but I don't want to invest too much personally as I'd have to pay 40% tax over any extra income and I'm not a big spender anyway.

Can contractors use our Limited companies to invest money into stocks & ETF's?

There is a current thread in the correct part of the forum started by a new contractor asking questions about investing. All the points are just as valid for you. Take all these in to account first and I don't think this will be an issue for you just yet...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...s-savings.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X