• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

crap boss- advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crap boss- advice

right want a bit of advice...

I am leaving existing contract in a weeks time.

My boss is useless and micromanages and gets things wrong, likes to threaten people, contractors and permies, etc, etc...the usual crap boss..

now is it worth kicking up a fuss and undermine his authority in a big meeting soon by showing him up over a couple of things or should I just park it because I am leaving soon....

I don't know about you but I find contracting to be a very small world, possibly getting smaller with the prospective changes.
    I wouldn't bother. Keep well out of it and let him dig his own grave. If he's as crap as you say he is he'll get found out.
    That happened somewhere where i worked previously. Guy going around pulling in mega cash, massively blowing his own trumpet and talking about the great relationships he had with management. The same management that eventually gave him the push. It was a sweet day.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
      I don't know about you but I find contracting to be a very small world, possibly getting smaller with the prospective changes.
      I wouldn't bother. Keep well out of it and let him dig his own grave. If he's as crap as you say he is he'll get found out.
      That happened somewhere where i worked previously. Guy going around pulling in mega cash, massively blowing his own trumpet and talking about the great relationships he had with management. The same management that eventually gave him the push. It was a sweet day.
      yeah it would feel sweet to show him up, but I just thought IT is a small world, is it really worth it...hence posting for some advice...

thank you.

Comment

Just go with Karma. What goes around, comes around.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
          right want a bit of advice...

I am leaving existing contract in a weeks time.

My boss is useless and micromanages and gets things wrong, likes to threaten people, contractors and permies, etc, etc...the usual crap boss..

now is it worth kicking up a fuss and undermine his authority in a big meeting soon by showing him up over a couple of things or should I just park it because I am leaving soon....
          Answer (b).

Comment

What would a professional do?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
              I have read this reference in several posts now and struggle to see why contractor numbers are going to get smaller on a scale where this will become noticeable, when these changes come in force next year. Possibly numbers will dwindle but surely most of us will stick it out and just carry on. I will be for sure.

Comment

Act as a leader.

You can talk to him in a constructive way.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                  I have read this reference in several posts now and struggle to see why contractor numbers are going to get smaller on a scale where this will become noticeable, when these changes come in force next year. Possibly numbers will dwindle but surely most of us will stick it out and just carry on. I will be for sure.
                  It would be nice to think it will no longer an easy touch and contracting by numbers so the droves if people with less experience won't be so tempted... But sadly..
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    3. You are interviewing at a company and you see him in the lobby ... you wait round the corner and lay a good one on him, before he realises who it is.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X