• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When I grow up....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
    You, sir or madam, are a complete star. Thanks for sharing this. It's an itch I just have to scratch, or I'll never know how it might have turned out.
    Good stuff. I have a similar dream myself. Making your business "global" means you are competing with everybody in the world. One alternative is to be more local, or maybe UK wide. You can then meet your customers face to face, thus adding more value and perhaps greater profits.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
      Good stuff. I have a similar dream myself. Making your business "global" means you are competing with everybody in the world. One alternative is to be more local, or maybe UK wide. You can then meet your customers face to face, thus adding more value and perhaps greater profits.
      I agree, especially at start up.

My online store opens in Jan/Feb & will be aimed at the UK market only to begin with. However, I also know there is a market for my inventory in parts of Europe as well as the US but I need to learn to walk first (or even find out if I can walk).

Bit by bit is the way to approach a new online business in my opinion - especially if you are a complete novice like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
        I agree, especially at start up.

My online store opens in Jan/Feb & will be aimed at the UK market only to begin with. However, I also know there is a market for my inventory in parts of Europe as well as the US but I need to learn to walk first (or even find out if I can walk).

Bit by bit is the way to approach a new online business in my opinion - especially if you are a complete novice like me.
        Sounds good to me. Feel free to post a link to we can share and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
        X